Pie For Breakfast Studios
Based in Kent, OH
PC / Mac
Kudzu is a non-linear adventure about a man trying to save his mentor from a world-eating plant! You are Max, the apprentice gardener, who discovers that his mentor, Zoen, has mysteriously wandered into the nearby kudzu field. Dangerous creatures await including snakes, bugs, angry flowers, and numerous other hazards.Kudzu is a game in early development set to be released in 2021 (please pardon the bugs and missing features!) It will be playable in browser, on Game Boy, and on the Analogue Pocket.
I created this game as a way to play around with the GB Studio engine, and it quickly evolved into a love letter for old Game Boy games, especially The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. The story came from a bad-but-hilarious project presentation from architecture school where my group built in what we thought was a field of cool ivy, but was actually an out of control invasive plant. My wife, growing up in the South, likewise remembers her brother fighting back similar plants with a machete. After mashing these things together, the world of Kudzu was born!
- Explore ruined fields, gardens, forests, villas, and mountains.
- Master a variety of gardening tools to clear your path including the machete, hoe, and rake!
- Meet weird and helpful characters!
- Fight the twisted creatures lurking in the kudzu, such as snakes, bugs, rats, snails, and ghosts!
- Solve treacherous puzzles!
- Play the demo in browser. The full game will be compatible with the original Game Boy (will be distributed as a ROM file compatible with Game Boy emulators and flashable to a Game Boy cartridge.)
Trailer 01 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
About Pie For Breakfast Studios
Pie For Breakfast Studios is a Northeast Ohio game development studio and advocacy organization run by game design teacher and author Christopher Totten creating experimental projects "for the good of games." The studio creates digital and non-digital game projects and is part of Pie for Breakfast, LLC, whose services include working with museums and cultural institutions to create events celebrating the artistic achievements of the game industry.
More information on Pie For Breakfast Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Founder, Pie for Breakfast Studios; Game Design; 2D Artist and Animator; Level Design